Class 4 – Thursday, September 28th, 2017
September 28th, 2017 – “Keep Them Riveted”
- Start Construction on TV Cage
• Show anodized aluminum square tube extrusion
• Show nylon connections and nylon connections with caster holes
• Show linear actuator for television
• Intro to using pop rivets and hand-held rivet gun
• Intro to cordless drill and usage
• Use the drill and riveter to attach aluminum extrusions to the nylon corners
• Learning how to remove and replace rivets using drill
• 1/4-20 Tap and pilot hole intro
• Using MDF and Nylon to create threaded holes for 1/4-20 bolts
- Designing a connector for 3d Print
• Come up with a design for a part we will use to connect the panels of reclaimed material acrylic to the 1×1 frame of the tv cage.
• Draw up sketches and present
Homework: Have fun!!! Keep brainstorms rollin’.
Inspiration to Make:
Check out our Facebook Group “Modern Makers” at the above link for posts from people within the class. This is a closed group, so you must request to be added to the group. Please be courteous about posting photos and maintain professionalism. We want to make sure we can all share information and inspire one another in a positive way.